How Breast Cancer is Treated
Cancer is a problem for many people. It starts off small and can end up causing life-changing moments for everyone it affects. It is not just the physical that it attacks but also the mental state of a person that is battling cancer. If you have been told that you have breast cancer, then there are going to be questions that you have regarding treatment options. Here are some of the ways that breast cancer treatment Orange County can be given to you.
Breast Cancer Treatment Options
There are many ways that breast cancer can be treated. Here are some of those ways.
- Chemotherapy is one of the ways that is usually used in combination with other drugs or methods. It helps to slow the growth of cancer cells.
- Radiation is used to kill cancer cells in people. This method can be targeted and used in specialized ways so other areas of the body are not affected.
- Hormonal therapy is used to help block the hormone that the cancer is feeding on.
- Targeted therapy uses combinations of treatments to target cancer cells without the severe side effects of other options.
- Surgery is often used to remove masses that have developed.
There are a lot of ways breast cancer can be treated. Doctors continue to learn that a combination of the ways is usually best.